Do I Have Intimacy Issues?
How many of the following statements apply to you?
- I worry that romantic partners won’t care about me as much as I care about them.
- I often wish that my partner's feelings for me were as strong as my feelings for him or her.
- I worry a lot about my relationships.
- When my partner is out of sight, I worry that he or she might become interested in someone else.
- When I show my feelings for romantic partners, I'm afraid they will not feel the same about me.
- I find that my partner(s) don't want to get as close as I would like.
- Sometimes romantic partners change their feelings about me for no apparent reason.
- My desire to be very close sometimes scares people away.
- I'm afraid that once a romantic partner gets to know me, he or she won't like who I really am.
- It makes me mad that I don't get the affection and support I need from my partner.
- I worry that I won't measure up to other people.
- My partner only seems to notice me when I’m angry.
- I prefer not to show a partner how I feel deep down.
- I find it difficult to allow myself to depend on romantic partners.
- I don't feel comfortable opening up to romantic partners.
- I prefer not to be too close to romantic partners.
- I get uncomfortable when a romantic partner wants to be very close.
Even if as few as 2 or 3 apply to you, then you are facing barriers to intimacy; and/or your relationship can be significantly enhanced by addressing your emotional experiences in close relationships.
Please contact us to book an appointment.